So you’ve been consistently publishing blog posts, promoting them across all your social channel (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc,) but still you are not getting desire leads.
According to a study, 55% of website visitors only spend 15 seconds on a website before switching to another website. This means you have 15 seconds or less to load your page and convince your visitors to be on your site and further explore the things.
Whenever you fail to hold back visitors in that time limit, your bounce rate will increase and it will affect your effort that you put to generate traffic and increase conversion rate.
How does this bounce rate affect your website, traffic, and conversion and what you can do to decrease your bounce rate? Let’s find out but first let me tell you what is Website Bounce Rate?
Website bounce rate is a rate which shows how long your visitors stays at your website. It is a metrics used in analytics that helps you to analyze your website traffic and how long your visitors engage with your website content.
When a visitor comes to your homepage or landing page or any other page of your website and immediately leave without taking any action or browsing any other content of your website, this is called bounce because simply they bounce from your website without performing any action.
Bounce rate is a percentage of visitors who leave right away without any further engagement.
Higher bounce rate means a majority of your visitors is not engaging with your content and there can be several reasons behind it.
Let’s go through the tips to decrease your website bounce rate
- Write for your audience, not for Google For developing successful blogs you need to work on the keywords, words that are in trend and relevant to your industry. However, sometimes bloggers add too many keywords on a single post and end up ruining their entire blog. Your blog has to be informative, helpful and relevant to your audience otherwise even if your blog post gets a good rank in Google search result, its bounce rate will go higher and higher in the absence of suitable content. If people realize that your blog post doesn’t solve their query or doesn’t offer useful information they will leave your website immediately to find a solution on another website.So try to provide the solution to your audience with your blog post and they will spend more time looking for more content on your website.
- Increase blog post readability Improve the readability of your blog post. Make your blog easy and fun to read that that not only hold your customer but also provide them value. You should format your blog posts in a way that allow readers to easily go through the content. Use subheadings, bullet points, and high-resolution images to make the content not only easier to understand but also entertaining to read. Use user-friendly format for your blog to improve readability, you can use casual writing style, all this keep your visitors engaged.
- Optimize page loading speed According to a report, approx half of the website visitors wait only for 3 seconds for a web page to load. The speed of your website can strongly affect your website bounce rate, if it takes longer time to load a page then visitors are not going to wait they will immediately leave your site, it also plays a vital part in your SEO ranking. You can run a test to see how fast your website loads and what you can do to improve the loading speed. Use caching plugin, minimal website theme, faster web hosting platform to make your website load faster.
- Choose the correct pop-up timing It’s irritating when you’re trying to read a blog and a website keeps showing pop-up messages, isn’t it? Yes, it is. We agree that pop-up messages are an important part of lead generation process but you just can’t use it excessively. Using too many pop-ups can result in bad user experience. However, if implemented properly it can give you good result by improving the user experience. Figure out the best time to show the pop-up message to your website visitors, it will not only lower your bounce rate but also helps to generate more leads. With the exit intent technology, you can set the timing of your pop up message according to your wish, you can show a pop-up message to show when a user is about to leave, this will not interfere their browsing experience.
- Add recommendations and suggestion In order to get more visitors to read your blog, you can suggest them your other blogs by providing a link to that blog. This will not only help you to increase the traffic but visitors will also get the access to more of your blogs. By showing more related posts in your blog to your visitors, you will increase the chances of keeping them from leaving your website too soon.
You can apply these strategies in your email marketing and marketing automation campaign to achieve a better result with lesser bounce rates.
Using simple words, plain text and better structure, optimizing keywords all this and more will help you a lot in attracting more people to open your email campaigns.